Maintenance contracts: improve budgeting, reduce administration
When running a transport and logistics fleet, the need to maximise fleet reliability and uptime is critical. When any unplanned downtime occurs, it impacts the entire business: from financial bottom lines to customer relations and brand reputation. Companies can end up spending more money maintaining their assets instead of making money from them.
Therefore, keeping a fleet roadworthy not only ensures the safety and proper functioning of the assets, but also saves money and allows one to focus on core business operations.
Why choose a maintenance contract for your fleet?
A maintenance contract enables annual tests and pre-planned service inspections, according to the needs of your fleet, to be priced at a fixed monthly rate. This not only allows for better budgeting of maintenance costs, but gives complete peace of mind and the optimum level of support, keeping your fleet operating efficiently and effectively.
A contracted maintenance programme will help maximise your fleet's uptime, whilst minimising the risks and expenses of unplanned, unnecessary breakdowns.
Outsourcing your maintenance and repair services to a third-party via a maintenance expert lets you benefit from skilled certified technicians, the most advanced and up-to-date software and specialist tools and parts.
How does regular maintenance service benefit the fleet?
Arranging a maintenance contract with a third party provider enables you to have a third-party expert take care of maintaining your fleet with the minimum of administration, whilst you focus on your core business.
The benefits of such a contract are many and varied:
- Simple and stress-free budgeting: the fleet service costs are fixed for the duration of the agreed term, covering all planned maintenance, unscheduled repairs and breakdown support, for a single monthly fee
- Reduced administration: the third-party expert takes care of the time-consuming tasks involved in organising the maintenance and repair of a fleet with its team of experienced administrators
- Reliability and safety: using only original equipment parts to ensure the fleet equipment operates at its peak, in terms of performance, reliability and safety of operation
- Preventive maintenance with telematics: the third-party expert can use telematics to optimise the fleet by scheduling a maintenance or repair appointment before an issue occurs, thanks to real-time visibility and advanced analytics
- Roadside assistance 24/7 to minimise downtimes: your maintenance partner also provides the support needed to stay roadworthy, anywhere and anytime
- Repair and maintenance programmes managed quickly and efficiently: by utilising established IT system infrastructures, matched to national mobile service engineer coverage
Manage your risks and lower your downtime with TIP!
With 55 years of experience servicing its own extensive trailer fleet, TIP’s maintenance and repair solutions are designed to give operators maximum flexibility, wherever the trailers are in operation.
TIP services its customers from more than 130 locations spread over 18 countries in Europe and Canada. Our experts provide top-class maintenance and repair services on all asset types, through on-site maintenance and roadside assistance, together with advanced telematics programmes for predictive maintenance.
TIP’s maintenance and repair programmes provide cost savings and flexibility, as well as access to a large team of qualified technicians.
For more on TIP’s maintenance and repair services, visit www.tip-group.com/en-gb/fleet-services/trailer-maintenance.